Peanut butter. Chocolate. Cookie Dough. Bite-size? Hmm… I think I’m sold. These cookies are fabulously simple to make, and even grain-free! Healthy? Yes, ma’am! The secret healthy ingredient is chickpeas (yes the same beans you use to make hummus!) and you can’t even notice it in the cookie!
* And this, my friends, is what I love most about baking … being deceptive … I love putting “healthy little trick ingredients” into my baked goods to make things, as Jessica Seinfeld would say, “Deceptively Delicious“! *
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup honey (commenters have used agave with success!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder**
- a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
* Don’t even try with regular peanut butter! They’ll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter. 🙂
** If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.