I had some left-over marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey’s chocolate bars from summer s’more making. Since I know I probably won’t be making more s’mores outside, I decided to search a few blogs for inspiration. Luckily I found a recipe using all of those ingredients!
I thought the cookies turned out beautifully. However, I am not really a fan of them. But, if you really love s’mores then these are for you. (My brothers went crazy over these cookies, and so did a few of my friends).
S’mores Cookies (via Two Peas & Their Pod)
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup Jet-Puffed Vanilla Mallow Bits
2 regular size (1.55 oz) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Candy Bars
Extra graham cracker pieces and mallow bits (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Stir in the Mallow Bits and mini chocolate chips. Roll a teaspoon of cookie dough into a ball. Press half of a Hershey’s chocolate square on top of the cookie and gently press down. I stuck in a few extra pieces of graham crackers and Mallow Bits onto the top of the dough for looks, but you can skip this step if you wish. Continue making all of the cookies.
5. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, about 1-inch apart. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until cookies are set. Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack.