If you remember from over here I promised I would share this delightful recipe for Crostini soon! Well here it is, and it’s so delicious!
- 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices baguette bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- Salt and pepper
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the bread slices. Grill the bread until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Stir the goat cheese, ricotta cheese, basil, lemon peel, and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Spread the cheese mixture over the crostini. Arrange the toasts on a platter and serve.
*Recipe taken from Giada De Laurentiis Everyday Italian
P.S. Do you like crispy breads such as crostini?