This recipe looks fabulous! I need to make it right away!!! I got this off of the Martha Stewart website, and I can’t wait to try it soon. Enjoy!
- Vegetable oil cooking spray, for pan
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- Coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar, for cutting
- 9 store-bought graham crackers, split in half, or 18 Cinnamon and Sugar Graham Crackers
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup salted, roasted peanuts, chopped
- Coat a 9-inch square baking
pan with cooking spray; line with
parchment. Sprinkle gelatin over
1/3 cup water in the bowl of a mixer;
let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat granulated sugar, corn
syrup, remaining 1/3 cup water, and
1/8 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over
medium-high heat, stirring occasionally,
until syrup reaches 238 degrees on a
candy thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk gelatin in mixer on low
speed, adding syrup in a slow, steady
stream down side of bowl. Whisk,
gradually increasing speed to high,
until almost tripled in volume,
about 8 minutes. Whisk in vanilla.
Transfer to baking pan. Smooth top.
Let stand until set, at least 3 hours.
- Cut out nine 2 1/2-inch square
using a cookie cutter
or a knife dipped in confectioners’
sugar. Dip surface of crackers into
chocolate to coat, and transfer
to parchment-lined baking sheets.
Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
between crackers, chocolate sides in.
- Dip half of each sandwich into
chocolate, on the diagonal; sprinkle
with peanuts, and transfer to a
parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate
until set, about 10 minutes.