This loaded with valuable nutrients, and tastes fantastic!
Pea and Spinach Sauce
This is my own recipe, and it’s the first time I made it; so I’ll try to put down measurements as best as I can.
- About ¼ of an onion; very roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- About a tablespoon of butter for the pan
- 1 carrot purée block (I just cook carrots, food process them, freeze them in blocks, and have on hand – you can either skip this or add some carrot baby food, which is really the same thing)
- About 1 ½ cup frozen peas
- About 2-tablespoons chicken or veggie stock (plus more for later)
- 1 big handful of fresh washed baby spinach
- About ¼ teaspoon of olive oil
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
- Bow tie pasta (boiled in salt water to aldente)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Put butter into pan and heat until butter is melted. Add onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, and then add carrot purée. Add the peas and the stock, let the peas defrost in pan. Next put spinach and the pan mixture into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth – adding salt, pepper, olive oil, and additional stock. Let the mixture rest and flavors combine.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Add one box of bow ties or any other pasta you wish to use. Cook until aldente. Drain. Put pasta back into the pot.
Pour the pea and spinach mixture over pasta. Mix together. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.